5.13.2010

textually competent

I remember my cousin telling me that the only thing more dangerous than a handsome man is a man who talks well. And I'd have to agree... I'm sucha sucker for talkers! There's nothing more attractive than a man who can carry on a good conversation and articulate his thoughts... (but really is that too much to ask for?!) I always think of the movie Meet Joe Black... I think it's the beginning scene where Brad Pitt's character first meets Claire Forlani's character in a diner and they're just chatting it up (you know right before the most ridiculous scene ever where he gets hit by the car outta nowhere?)... I just think he is SO charming in that scene, and I think that's the first/only time I really found the guy irresistibly attractive.

But now that we're in the "digital age," i feel written communication is sometimes even more important than verbal communication.

I find myself going gaga over guys who can write eloquent emails, smart blog entries, and witty texts. Ugh... witty texts are killer. But it's kind of tricky, because it's almost like they have to have the right amount of cutesiness or it's just gross/lame. I remember in Korea, all the guys would write really cutesy texts even if they're not necessarily a cutesy person in real life. It was so strange. I remember telling people that they must all have some kind of texting handbook that they follow. No joke.

and I end with this note:
you led me on with your emoticonz.
sending me winks with your semi-colonz.


No comments: