3.04.2010

shallow.

I was looking through the Oscar nominations this year, and I feel like I'm in the dark on a majority of the nominated films. As I was skimming through the lists, I realized that I am totally shallow with my movie preferences.

Among critically acclaimed films, I tend to avoid the grittier films such as "Precious," "Crazy Heart," or "The Hurt Locker," and prefer watching the highly stylized "A Single Man" or streamlined "Up in the Air."

I like the candy-colored Wes Anderson flicks (even their DVD cases are uber cute) to films like "There Will be Blood" and "No Country for Old Men"- movies that make me feel like I need to wash my face and clear the dust in my eyes/nose.

I guess its aesthete in me... I was always that annoying girl who needed to adorn my pages with hearts (a la Stacey McGill from the BSC)... that girl who cares what color boba straw she gets... that girl whose mood matches her polka-dotted underwear.

I am so concerned with packaging (graphic designers have careers because of people like me) that I sometimes value it more than the product itself.

Basically, I like pretty things. Is that so wrong?

1 comment:

Angie said...

i like to get orange boba straws. or anything orange actually.

:)