2.19.2010

t.g.i.f???

Weekends don't feel like weekends anymore.

I used to despise the whole M-F, 9-5 lifestyle. If felt so robotic, so dehumanizing. And those banal, contrived elevator conversations (with coworkers you really weren't close to) always consisted of the weekday-weekend dichotomy:

M: *exasperated sigh* Well, it's Monday again! The weekend's already over!
T: Well, it's Tuesday now... can't wait for the weekend!
W: Ah we're halfway through!
Th: We're almost there... hang on now!
F: Hallelujah! It's Friday! What are your plans for the weekend???

Like no duh, we know what day of the week it is. And we're reminded of it everyday, every hour. Always the same, stupid cycle. The same, stupid convos.


But now that I'm (kinda) out of that cycle, I miss the good ol' days when weekends were strictly for leisure activities. Looking forward to the weekend, that little bright light at the end of the tunnel, was not half bad.

Now my weekends are dedicated to studying/reading/tutoring. No ups or downs, the days all just blur together like one big blob.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

NateKwak said...

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN, EXACTLY!