11.20.2009

woooozy

I should be called the Persimmon Queen... I think I eat 3 a day. But they are so delicious I can't help myself!

My grandma told me that persimmons makes you constipated... that worried me, so I looked it up on wikipedia (my most trusted source for information har har)... but here it said that persimmons are used to "treat constipation and hemorrhoids, and to stop bleeding. As such, it is not a good idea to consume too many persimmons at once as they can induce diarrhea."

Complete opposite information... Who should I trust?

There was a guy that I had a minor crush on and he was eating persimmons too. I thought we could have been soulmates, but then I realized every Korean family has boxes and boxes of persimmons at their homes, so this was nothing special. It was as if he was eating kimchee... this shattered my dream. Being my overly eager self, I also told him to be careful because of the constipation factor... the words came out of my mouth before I could stop them. I think I was nervous. I guess when it comes down to it though, I trust my grandma over wiki...

ps.


im such a sentimentalist.

1 comment:

Angie said...

i heard the inside of persimmons make you constipated.. so when you slice them, cut out the inside like you would with an apple.