11.27.2009

felicity

There's something about the holidays (especially Thanksgiving) that makes me really REALLY want to watch Felicity. I think it has to do something with the warm, fuzzy hues or the main characters' soft, hushed voices, but these past few days, all I just wanted to do was bundle up and watch it for hours on end.



So I went to my friends' house (who happens to have all FOUR season DVD's), and we vegged. We only got through four episodes before we ended up falling asleep... (I'm telling you it's their calm, soothing voices)

Keri Russell, though not overtly attractive or charming, is my favorite leading lady. Something about her seems so "real" to me. She is down-to-earth, emotional, thoughtful, impulsive, socially awkward, and a tad bit nerdy. But deep down, she has a heart of gold.

As Sean said (when giving Ben advice in thinking twice before dating her), "Felicity is not the girl you date... she's the girl you marry."

And I LOVE the speech she gives to Ben when she breaks up with him in Season 2:
“The truth is I can't be with you like this. I mean, I know I said that I could, but I can't. I just can't compromise myself like that. I mean I'm an emotional person. I feel things and I need to be able to get upset and talk about how I'm feeling. I mean that's just...that's who I am and I can't change it. I don't want to. And the thing is you know that, you knew it and you still pursued me because you want something with me, you just aren't strong enough to have it which...in a way makes you a coward. And the saddest part is that...one day you're gonna wake up and you're gonna realize what you missed and it's gonna be too late."

And off she goes to get her darling lil' haircut...

3 comments:

Jess said...

boggle <3

jojo said...

ooooh <3 love it

jojo said...

(not felicity) just the quote
and the fact that we bouth quote the quote.
it's still too emo and dark and damp for my tastes... haha!