6.16.2012

one sat morning

Today as I was walking around the city, I passed by a real-life toy soldier in the F.A.O. Schwartz window display.   He beamed a bright, toothy smile at me as he pressed his trumpet up to his lips.  I couldn't help but to smile back at this handsome lad.  I was almost tempted to go inside (not because I wanted to stalk the cute toy soldier) but because I love toy stores... they feel like "Christmas." 

The toy soldier also made me think of the trumpets vs saxophones dichotomy among guys (here comes some more brash generalizations delivered by Yours Truly): Trumpet players tend to be more upright, wholesome, straight-laced gentlemen, while saxophone players are more free-flowing, sensual, "cool" guys who go with their emotions.  That's why you don't see any toy soldiers playing saxophones (or do you?)

Which do you prefer: trumpets or saxophones?

I always thought I was a sax kind of girl, but as I grow older - I realized that maybe I need a trumpeter.

Anywho, that was the random thought of the day.

Please, please watch this movie:
 
It'll make life a little bit brighter.

3 comments:

jojo said...

trumpeter in the streets and a sax in the sheets... hahahah JK,

i'm all about that trumpet baby.

Jess said...

hahahaha joyce! but julie, you are so right! lol... trumpet fo sho!

Jess said...

although sax stereotype not so true when we were in band haha