5.12.2012

"Hell-A" to "City of Angels"

It feels good to be in cali again.

Though I do feel a bit disoriented not going back to my beloved hometown - good ol' hacienda heights, I am growing fond of my parent's new residence in LA (or more specifically a small town south of Pasadena).  NY living must have really deprived me of the everyday comforts of cali life, because my family has been surprised at my exaggerated appreciation for all the closet space.

The open range of land, the clear multi-lane roads (well in the suburbs), and the kindness towards pedestrians - this all feels foreign now, but at the same time oddly wonderful.  I've done a lot of sh*t talking about LA while I was in NY: too much driving, too much sun, too little culture in this lazy, urban sprawl.  But I think I've turned my back on LA for too long (approximately 2 years), because I'm slowly starting to recognize the merits of this forsaken city.  Four different people said "good morning!" to me while I was taking a stroll with my mom today - unheard of!

I remember I once said I had no definite timeline of coming back (if ever) to Cali.  But this trip home is making me seriously reconsider.

But don't hold me to that quite yet... after all, it's only been one day.



 -edit- It's been two full days and still loving it. And one of my first thoughts were-> "this might mean I'd have to change my basketball team??" Well I don't like the Lakers, so that means my default team would be the Clippers. Okay, well Chris Paul is pretty hot and their jersey logo has cuter font. Again, don't hold me to this, my thoughts are still a bit premature.

2 comments:

jojo said...

premature... too premature!! hehe. your home is so homely and nice though, i concur.

Jess said...

:)))))))))))))