4.09.2011

run run run

The Scotland 10K is tomorrow and I'm pumped! (mmm actually probably anxious and fearful would be better words...)

And the worst thing about it is that after finishing the race tomorrow, I will be hit head-on with the scary reality that I'll have to run twice that distance the following month.

A co-worker asked me what I'm running for (pretty much asking if there's any "cause" tied to the race)... and all I could reply with was, "umm... Scotland?" I just signed up blindly, because my all the cool kids were doing it; I am so misguided & uninformed.

My running inspirations:

1. My favorite author/marathon runner:
running for discipline and literary productivity

2. My favorite childhood inspiration:
running to escape/to get to places

3. My all-time favorite:
running for no rhyme or reason

4. The most effective motivation:
running for <3


See ya at the finish line! :)

2 comments:

Young said...

Hebrew 12. Run for God! :-)

During the last mile of the race, I ran into a guy who had a sign on the back of his shirt that said, "Running with Christ." I put my hand on his shoulder and said that I'm running with Christ too :).

Angie said...

I saw/read all but your #1. all grea choices.. makes me wanna read #1. have fun, Julie!!! :) good luck!!