2.13.2011

under the weather

I made the conscious decision of withdrawing from most planned social activities this weekend in order to get some R & R. Something about this week felt especially draining, and I found myself getting all stuffy and sniffly (this is, of course, right after I bragged to a bunch of people how I haven't gotten really sick since my pre-college years, even while living in close corridors with highly contagious roommates).

After hours of boondoggling, I came home before midnight every night and found myself greeted by a lonely apartment and a fat cat. Anyway, so I stayed up until 5am last night watching this Korean Film called "Changing Partners":



Koreans are pretty (often times uncomfortably) racy these days. Can we go back to the days of (feigned) innocence where a graze of the pinky finger was the most "skinship" we would see? I remember this movie came out when I was in Korea, back in 2007. I actually really wanted to see it at the time, and somehow I ended up watching it 4 years later. Though the plot had some holes and the ending was kind of underwhelming, it was incredibly engaging and well-cast in my opinion. Though I have to say, it made married life seem so depressing, especially knowing that the adultery rate is incredibly high in Korea. Did you know there's an adultery law in Korea too (though I can't be too sure if it still exists now). I read somewhere that if a spouse finds the other spouse cheating, he/she can take the cheating spouse to court and even jail for civil damages. Though I'm definitely not a fan of adultery (for obvious reasons), it's strange to imagine that there would be an actual law against it. Imagine if they enacted the law in the U.S... who the heck would run the government and show business? - They'd all be behind bars.

1 comment:

jojo said...

fat cat will always keep you warm and loved... :)