6.02.2010

couch potatoe

So aside from spending Memorial Day at the 찜질방 with my dad, I ended up vegging out in front of the telly with my friend. It's been a while since I've watched television to be honest... it's been so long that I don't even have any idea what movies are out right now.

So here's the gist of the trashy programs I've missed out on:
-Tori Spelling's reality show... we just marveled at how her husband can wake up to her face every morning (i know... we're cruel, but she's rich and famous so it's okay)
-the infamous Jersey Shore... wanted to know what the hoopla was about this show, but the overly tanned, shiny muscled bods made me feel kind of nauseous
-One Tree Hill- never watched this show, but can't believe it's still running?
-Gossip Girl... I had no clue what was going on, but apparently everyone's in college now... Blair's an outcast and Georgina (hate her!) is part of the "in crowd" now, because that's what happens in college right? The cool kids become trite & lame, and the losers become quirky & cool. I don't know if it's Korean programs with stick-thin celebrities that are getting to me, but everyone looked kind of fat (?)
-Bachelorette #8? or 12? or 57?... not worth commenting.

But there was one show that was worth watching for more than 10 minutes...
Future Food!



Basically, it's a show about these two chefs, Homaro Cantu & Ben Roche, who own "Moto"- an avant-garde restaurant in Chicago that experiments with molecular gastronomy. These guys are chefs with a mad scientist twist who experiment with food in order to make dishes that are more environment-friendly and waste-efficient. It is so coooool. If I was a chef, I would love to work in their kitchen... their kitchen is more like a science lab, and every show, they have these little challenges like trying to imitate seafood with absurd substitutes (watermelon for tuna?!) and making yummy burgers with the ingredients from cow feed. If I'm ever in Chicago, I want to try this place out! Unfortunately, it is rated $$$$ on yelp...

No comments: