3.18.2010

new noms

I found my next new food obsession:

Instant soon tofu!

Of course it's not as good as the real thing and I have to admit the dried up bean curds kinda put me off at first, but after mixing it with boiling water, it wasn't half-bad!

Plus, its a measly 135 calories. Thats like less than two Samoas! (or Caramel DeLites... as they call them now to be more p.c.)

But now my work is filled with the aroma of spicy seafood.


Oh update on the Samoas vs. Caramel DeLites issue:
Few weeks ago, some unreliable source told me that those delicious caramel-coated, chocolate-striped, coconutty cookies changed their name because it was offensive to Samoan people (I personally would be proud to have something so delicious named after my country). But after doing a bit of research on the good ol' reliable web, I found out that it was all just myth. It turns out that Samoas and Caramel DeLites are just manufactured by different bakeries: Little Brown Bakers & ABC Bakers, respectively. And depending on where your local girl scouts purchase their cookies, the names would (obviously) be different.

Oh, but it isn't just the names that differ, but their ingredients too:

1. Samoas use dark chocolate while Caramel DeLites use milk chocolate
2. Samoas has higher caramel content and are generally more fatty (yum!)


which is which? (muHAHAHA)

I feel like I just hosted an episode of Mythbusters...

No comments: