2.15.2010

my most exciting day at work

One (seemingly) average day, back at my old job at the publishing company, I was going about my business in my cubicle when I heard a group of people behind me (it sounded like my boss was giving them a tour of the office). I figured it was some folks from our east coast branch. Well, I was about to get up to go to the kitchen(I wanted to avoid the uncomfortable, yet obligatory niceties of having to be introduced and yadda yadda), but just as I was about to get off my seat, I made eye contact with one of the girls in the group. This girl looked scarily similar to Lindsay-freaking-Lohan.

Stunned and a bit star struck, I plopped back in my seat and I emailed my coworkers: "Is that Lindsay Lohan in the office????!!!!!" as I tried to keep my composure.

I was in disbelief. What the heck would a Hollywood superstar like Lindsay Lohan be doing in our unglamorous, humdrum office? It just made no sense.

My friend even made a cartoon of the incident:


But later on that day, I found out that it was indeed Miss Lohan, and she came to our office to research for a role in her next film, in which she plays an employee at a publishing company. Didn't know she was so serious about her craft!

Anyway, so this weekend, my old coworkers and I decided to have a little mini-reunion and finally watch this infamous film (which went straight to DVD btw):


Brief synopsis:
A young woman pretends to be pregnant in order to avoid being fired from her job. When that gets her special treatment by everyone involved in her life, she tries to keep up the lie for nine months.

It's more horrible than it sounds.

But it was fun trying to make any connection possible (as outlandish as they were) to our old office.
Hey~ their office has a secretary like ours!
Oh! They have a copy machine!
They have morning meetings like we do!


But it just goes to show that even when you think your mindless job is meaningless not only to you but to the world, it does make a difference to someone somewhere out there. In our case, it helped give birth to this little treasure of a movie. Bravo~

3 comments:

NateKwak said...

wow thats wild! hahah julie!

rachlyu said...

ooOOOO yeahhh...i can't believe she did a movie like thatt

jojo said...

that movie poster is cute! and that cartoon is ever cuter!! except youre more pass/agg than that badass girl with the green bow in her hair.. hahahaha!