12.15.2009

junkie

I can get really obsessive/invested in shows (if you hadn't noticed)... though it's not the cool shows (i.e. 24, House, Dexter, etc.) but the ones others would be embarrassed of watching.

However Glee, I would say, is quite trendy nowadays and more mainstream than I thought it would've been when I first started watching it. I honestly didn't think so many people would enjoy tv shows where the characters would break out into song & dance.

And with the magnificent creation of twitter, I can follow the actors of Glee and see that they're all hanging out with each other & such (hmm... this doesn't make me sound like a loser/stalker, does it?) But it seems as though they are a really tight-knit group... not gonna lie~ makes me kinda jealous.

I actually had a dream last week that I was cast as "the Asian girl" in Glee because the girl who normally plays her (Jenna Ushkowitz... I wonder if she's adopted?) had swine flu. Also in my dream, Artie (or the actor that plays him) had a huge crush on me. I was really confused about how I felt about him, and I even woke up feeling somewhat conflicted.

I feel like Glee filled the role that Degrassi: The Next Generation played in my heart all those years. I seriously watched every single episode up until season 7 (or was it 8?) when everyone started going off to college. I have learned (from multiple cases) that when a high school series sends their kids off to college, the show is headed towards doomsville.

I felt like I grew up with those kids... I have experienced their first periods, their first encounter with drugs (when Ashley took ecstasy... that was hilarious), their first relationships, their first jobs, their first fight, their first cars, their first time having sex, their first pregnancy, their first abortion, their coming-out-of-the-closet moment, their first bi-curious moment, their first shooting, their first death (noo~~ JT), their first affair with a teacher, their first encounter with an online predator, and so on.

Yeah it's been 100% intense. It's a Canadian show, and I have yet to see an American show quite like it. It has all the melodrama and controversy of 90210 yet the cheese and naivete of Saved by the Bell. And I have to say that the actors on this show had the best transitioning through puberty... they were such awkward, weird looking little kids, but they all grew up to be really hot teenagers!

I recently came across an episode on TeenNick (they changed the name of the channel) of season 9, and most of the characters were unrecognizable. Plus, they all looked like babies. Blech. Though that Sav Bhandari is pretty cute.

So it was also quite a shocker when I saw lil Jimmy Brooks on some rap video on t.v. All the kids are growing up and expanding their horizons. Darcy's now on 90210... Mia Jones is on Vampire Diaries. They've all graduated and grown up quite nicely.

1 comment:

Jess said...

you know i know all about being a junkie~ haha