8.24.2009

librarian invasions

So today is my first "official" day in Library School.

It's funny how I came down this career path... it almost seems like fate. If I didn't go that one social event and talked to that one person, I would probably have never even considered it as my future career- or even knew of its existence. And even after I took interest in the field of Library & Information Science, I still had so many doubts and second thoughts. I even turned my acceptance down initially last Spring. But here I am now... I feel at peace with my decision.

I know people usually think of old grannies with buns and knitted sweaters, but here are some "hot" librarians to break the stereotype (sadly, they're all fictional):

Mary, the "hip," stylish librarian played by Parker Posey


yomiko readman, special agent for the British Library in manga "Read or Die"
"I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am. ... I am a librarian, and I'm going to kiss you, Mr. O'Connell!" - Evie Carnahan (Rachel Weisz) in one of the Mummy movies

Katharine Hepburn in "the Desk Set"

did ya know batgirl was a librarian?



noah wyle was too!


giles from buffy. what a stud.



my second favorite library scene:


my favorite library scene:

rawr.

1 comment:

Hector said...

I just remembered this:
http://www.txla.org/temp/tattoo.html

Tattooed librarians are definitely hott!