10.24.2008

boys

There are basically three categories of guys for me (or I guess I should say most girls… though I am reluctant to be the spokesperson for all the women out there):

1. the maybe babies
These are the wide (or maybe not so wide) spectrum of guys that you would possibly date if they liked you and tried to pursue you, but sadly you wouldn’t really go out of your way if they didn’t show initial interest. So you’d either have to be somewhat convinced, wooed, or tree-chopped (in the most extreme situation) to liking this person.
"However, Jeremy does have one outstanding quality. He likes her. And this quality in a person makes them infinitely interesting to the person being liked."- Shopgirl
Most… or I guess pretty much all the guys I’ve dated can be categorized as a “Jeremy.”

2. the “heeeell no” guys
Guys you would definitely not date under any circumstances. Doesn’t matter if they have a million dollars. Doesn’t matter if you two are the last living people on this earth. These people can try to chop as much as they want, but that tree ain’t fallin’ over. Okay maybe that’s a little harsh. But these are the guys that if you knew they liked you, you would not be flattered, but a bit repelled (well, unless you’re one of those attention-deprived girls that will welcome any sort of affection from anyone). These guys are “deal breakers” in themselves (I’m such a b*tch). There are far too many of these.

3. Felicity’s Ben
So as you may already know, I love the show “Felicity.” And though Ben wouldn’t be the ideal guy of my dreams, I’m referring more to Felicity’s adoration for him rather than the dude himself. These are the guys that you would like regardless of their feelings for you. You would be willing to be shameless (e.g. moving across the country to attend the same college) for. For me, these “Ben’s” are far and few between. So when I find one, it’s like discovering a hidden treasure. Okay that was really cheesy, but I’m not really sure what else to compare it to. I’ve told a friend of mine I wonder what it would feel like to really confess your feelings to a person (in Korean this would be “go-behk”)… I’ve never really done that before without having 100% security of their feelings first (yes, I’m a big pansy). How frightening yet refreshing it would be though…


this scene made my heart hurt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

michael!!!!

jane said...

i can only get with the bens. #1 is still too boring