6.18.2008

To watch:

So as I was doing some important surf- errr researching on the net, I fatefully stumbled across this film:


"Céline et Julie Vont en Bateau" (a.k.a. Celine and Julie Go Boating)

This is like the perfect film for me (well at least according to its synopsis).

First of all, it's an Alice & Wonderland-esque fantasy adventure directed by french "nouvelle vague" director Jacques Rivette. Also (according to wikipedia), the film's themes circle around magic, memory, and an abundant usage of puns. And get this, one of the main characters is a shy librarian named Julie. Also, the film's running time is 3:13. No, I'm not emphasizing how extremely long it is, but 3/13 is my birthday. It's meant to be!

1 comment:

jane said...

u r so cute! great choice on the name of ur URL. so u to think of murakami first! i feel the "lightness" already ^^