5.08.2012

senses heightened

I've always been the observer - I don't say much... I like to sit back, watch, & listen (of course, not to everyone and everything - a person has her limits).

I don't feel the necessity to speak the thoughts that are meandering in my mind, for they seem senseless and often times, superfluous to any real topic of conversation. But that doesn't mean that I was necessarily a person who was highly sensitive to others. Mostly my observations were from a cold distance - like the perfect journalist reporting on hard news.

Living in New York though has somewhat made me more in tune or aware of people's emotions and energy. I have never felt so disheartened, moved, shaken by the things I've seen and experienced - Some of those things which have been sadder, uglier, more frightening than all the things in my past years living in the sunny, warm comforts of Cali.  Yet in the darkest of places, there is hope.  

The darker the night, the brighter the stars, The deeper the grief, the closer is God! ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment

1 comment:

Jess said...

(insert Kakao icon hiding behind wall)