7.13.2011

social networking junkie

After joining Google+, I came to the scary conclusion that my cyber imprint in this world is too large. I have an account on:
  • google+
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • blogspot
  • tumblr
  • yelp
  • foursquare
  • dailymile
  • livejournal (though pretty inactive)
  • xanga (though same as above)
I am ubiquitous and highly stalkable (though I'm not sure why anyone would, considering that I'm a pretty boring person). I was originally writing this post because I wanted to trim the fat and get rid of at least half of these accounts, but I realized that they all serve such unique purposes. I was initially going to part ways with facebook (and wholly google plus it... is that too much of a risk?) but then I realized there are still some aspects of facebook that I really will miss (i.e. looking at pics of people's babies... sounds kind of creepy of me, but they're all people I - somewhat - know!) Anyway, as I was typing, I changed my mind again and really decided to deactivate my facebook, because most of the people I truly care about it and care to keep in touch with are on google+ or will be on it shortly (it's all a matter of time...) Yes, I'm a fickle creature. Ok, so I just deactivated my facebook, and it's showing me pictures of people who will miss me, which is pretty funny, because I highly doubt they'll miss me. In fact, they probably won't know that I even left. And now Facebook tells me that I can sign back into my account anytime I want and that they hope I'll come back soon. Oh, what a sentimental bunch.

ps. new pet peeve: when people call Google+ "Google+1"... Google +1 is the little button (similar to the Facebook "Like" button) not the social network itself.

3 comments:

Jess said...

farewell... Jessica Yi will miss you!

YoungisLearning said...

i actually noticed that you left! :-P but because i couldn't invite you to our next KAFSC event! lol

jonathan park said...

i deactivated fb too! i dunno when i'll be back... hopefully never. :)