9.28.2010

the scent of a man

I realized that a person's scent plays a huge factor in how attracted I am or can be to him.

When a guy smells nice, I can't help but close my eyes and just breathe in his aroma. I don't particularly like the smell of cologne (especially the nauseating kind that high school boys douse on themselves), but I love it when guys smell fresh out of the shower... zestfully clean, you could say~ I love it so much that I even got a "shower" scent air freshener for my car (not quite the same).

There used to be a boy that I had the hugest crush on (I can say this now very openly because I am millions of miles away from him and he will never see this blog), because he smelled like soap. In fact, I even donned him the nickname "Soapboy." I mean he had other admirable qualities (lighthearted wit, easygoing nature, overall likable personality), but his fresh scent just put him over the edge. Every time, I'd see him (err I guess smell him), it would kinda drive me nuts(pls don't think I'm creepy).

I can't wait to have a baby, so I could just smell him/her all the time. I love the smell of babies. My brother kind of smells like a baby, but a grown up baby that smokes cigarettes; he has this naturally milky scent (pls don't think I'm weird).

On a related note, isn't "olfactory" such a weird word? Totally doesn't sound like what it means, does it? Words like "whimsy" or "cacophonous" sound like what they mean. But olfactory? It just sounds like you're saying an old factory. In fact, that's how I would memorize the term for SAT's. I couldn't stand the smell of the old factory. Olfactory.

5 comments:

jojo said...

hahah olfactory... the smell factory.

btw, my mom always said i smell like milk! maybe thats why you always snuggle me sooo bad~

muheheh

sjc said...

"soapboy"... haha.

i think i like the trace of cigarette smell. my SAT teacher used to go out for a smoke & come back in the class, and the smell was strangely pleasant. i think only to me... now, i seem creepy!

w said...

you're talking about me huh? well it looks like i found your blog. you just got caught!

grace said...

julie i totally understand. i hope nobody judges me because of this comment. but i really do!

jane said...

amen