6.10.2010

recommendations?

I've noticed I have a penchant for extremely cutesy, cheesy songs (see below). And I get the same giddiness from watching sentimental, lighthearted rom-coms (at least if they have decent plotlines and tolerable characters).

But I realized I don't have the same preferences for books. I don't know what it is, but the sadder and more depressing a book is, the higher its quality is. No story ends with a happy ending... bittersweet at best. That's why I'm not a big fan of chick-lit (with the exception of helen fielding).

But lately (I don't know if its the fragile emotional state that I've been in recently), I realized I cannot handle such melancholic, wrist-slitting literature. Every time I've been picking up a book, I end up putting it down after a half-hour because of its extremely dry/depressing content.

So I really want to read a book that is light and fluffy, yet still rich and deep (sounds like I'm describing food). If possible- with a sweet, romantic plot and lovable characters. Prz, lemme know.

3 comments:

Angie said...

That is how Time Traveler's Wife was for me. Oh man, please don't watch the movie... it's awful. Or.. Water for Elephants.

Anonymous said...

An Armful of Warm Girl - W.M. Spackman

jojo said...

Amelia Bedelia Goes Back to School - Peggy Parish