11.10.2009

boys

I don't know if it's the Asian sexist in me, but I would prefer having sons over daughters.

Of course, it would be nice to go shopping with your daughter, prepare dinner together, do each others hair & nails. Daughters, without a doubt, have better taste when picking out Christmas & Mother's day presents. But if it came down to it and I had to choose between having three sons or three daughters, I would choose sons.

Though I'm not into sports or video games or any other typical boyish things, somehow, I feel I get along better with little boys.

I also have been thinking about names for my future son, and I am starting to like really simple, classic names like Ben & Jonathan.

Ben (who I will call Benjamin Bunny when he's a baby) will grow up to be a not-too-successful singer/songwriter with a cult following.

Jonathan will be a writer... just like all the other wonderful Jonathan's in the world (Safran Foer, Lethem, Franzen, Ames).

Yes, they will probably get beat up everyday by bullies and jocks. I should probably stick to having daughters.

1 comment:

Angie said...

HAHAHAH I TOTALLY PREFER DAUGHTERS AND HAVE NAMED THEM ALREADY TOO... :) charlotte and penelope!! :)